You have decided to interview a
prospective officiant for your wedding. Here are some questions you might want
- How will you customize our ceremony
to make it uniquely ours?
- Can we write our own vows?
- Can we include family members or
friends in our ceremony? If so, how can we do it?
- Are there special options you can
add to our ceremony?
- Do you have your own audio system? Is there an extra cost for using it?
- What are your thoughts on the length
of a ceremony?
- Will you attend a rehearsal? Will
you run the rehearsal? Do you insist on being at the
- Can you give me an example of how
you will interact with other vendors – photographer, DJ, wedding planner?
- How far will you travel? Do you
charge a travel fee?
- What are your fees for doing a
wedding? (In Massachusetts fees for a Justice of the Peace are set by the state
– theoretically all JP's should charge the same)
- Are there other fees applicable – a
fee for customizing our ceremony, date reservation fee?
Will you schedule other weddings on
- Do you wear a robe? What if we want
you to wear something else?
answers to these questions should go a long way in helping you select the
perfect officiant for your wedding.