Being a Good Listener

A wonderful comment I received after a wedding came from the mother of the bride who said to me, “You made it seem as if you have known my daughter all her life.” I had meet with the bride and groom once before the wedding, learned the story behind their relationship, and presented it during my personal remarks section of their wedding ceremony.

There is no secret to doing this well other than to be a good listener. I spent many years as a high school counselor and mediator and quickly learned that the key to being a good counselor is being a good listener, easy to say, but often difficult to do. Being a good listener means being an active listener, a special method of listening and responding to other people. Often when people talk to each other, they do not listen attentively, as they are distracted, thinking about something else, or thinking about what they will say next.

An active listener attends to the speaker fully, comprehends and retains what is being said, and then in his own words repeats what the speaker has said, ensuring that he has correctly heard what the speaker has said and meant.

I use aspects of this important counseling technique to fully listen to you when we meet – to find out what is important to you for your marriage ceremony and most importantly to find out about you and your relationship. Every relationship is unique, special, and deserves to be celebrated on your wedding day. I look forward to meeting you and learning about yours.

18 Comments to Being a Good Listener:

best assignment help on Sunday, December 02, 2018 9:47 AM
This is a really creative post. keep doing good work.hope to see more from you. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. Keep posting.

https://www.essaywritingboo.com/ on Friday, January 11, 2019 2:37 AM
It is great to know that your wedding was a huge success. Your relationship with your wife is really wonderful because you know each other really well. Knowing your partner is the key to make a relationship wonderful and beautiful. I wish that I would find someone that would be the best partner in life. Congratulations on your wedding and I hope that you would be able to make a really happy family. I hope to see more updates about your marriage life.

Lea on Saturday, December 08, 2018 12:24 AM
We all need that someone who always ready to listen to us no matter what the situation is.

https://www.resumesservicesreview.com/zipjob-com-review/ on Saturday, December 08, 2018 12:33 AM
One thing to consider becoming a good communicator is to be a good listener. We must know how to listen and understand someone because it is the only way to know them more and to understand them deeper. Well, not just that, but we all need a friend that we can lean on to and whom we want to share thoughts with because they are always ready to listen to us no matter what we are sharing to them, and that we should do the same for them if they need someone to hear them out. It is through talking and listening to someone that makes us comfortable with them. It is always started with a conversation which made us to know someone better.

$1 Hosting on Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:00 AM
I read your article so I got know this is an incredibly hypnotizing article may later be able to share other enduring data are all the furthermore captivating. I should need to concede your article to my accomplice. I trust Individuals love your article and give uncommon input

ipohrun.com on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:20 AM
What a beautiful message conveyed by you through this writing post. I want you to keep sharing more creative stories online. Thank you very much.

Health Care Pill on Sunday, December 23, 2018 11:00 AM
Hi! I simply wish to offer a gigantic go-ahead for the decent data you have ideal here on this post. I will most likely be returning to your weblog for all the more soon! http://www.healthcarepill.com/

papersowl.com review on Friday, December 28, 2018 12:43 AM
Someone who will be with you at times when you needed the most, this is what I am asking for. It is really hard to find someone that will hear your side without judging you. When you have that kind of person, it is like you would not be needing anyone else. Most especially if that person will be your soon to be partner in life, how sweet it really is. The time and effort spend with you is really well appreciated.

sfsfs.org on Saturday, December 29, 2018 3:27 PM
Lols.This is genuinely interesting.One of my essay writing friend recently asked me to visit this link.Good to see this post.Thank you for sharing this post.

Shawn Jasper on Thursday, January 03, 2019 11:37 AM
Being a good listener, you can easily adjust yourself with the latest happenings especially when you are capable to do things well. However, there must be some new listeners available to manage things well as dissertation writing service do.

homeworkforme.com on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:58 AM
This is great that you think in such a way. I also would love to be a part of your wedding party as the work you’ve just done is really very inspiring and amazing.

Hostgator coupon code on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 3:29 AM
I really enjoyed it seems like the bulk of knowledge you analogize and your writing skill so high for a newbie it is an amazing post so keep writing about new topics.

attraktionslagen on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:49 AM
I love the blue color design you have. Brilliant job! iqos slevovy kod

Islamic Center of Reseda on Friday, March 15, 2019 4:07 PM
This is a very touch blog for arranging wedding ceremonies. This is a zenithal article about wedding planning. It makes the life of patterns so secure and easy for their futuristic planning.

Blogontop on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:51 AM
Nice Blog Thanks for sharing

Source on Thursday, April 04, 2019 4:37 AM
Consider free online ads to help you sell old video games. Don't go straight to eBay to sell, though. Shipment and payment issues can make sites like those a real hassle. You can post your ads on sites like Facebook and Craigslist.

Jade on Sunday, April 14, 2019 5:04 AM
I like it so much and impressed your work. I want more similar topics about this post for increase our knowledge, i hope you will soon share your next post https://biblearena.org/

Jandey on Sunday, April 14, 2019 9:32 AM
I like your post and all you share with us is update and quite informative, as you have done a wonderful job motivational quotes