You have decided to interview a prospective officiant for your wedding. Here are some questions you might want to ask:

• How will you customize our ceremony to make it uniquely ours?
  • Can we write our own vows?
  • Can we include family members or friends in our ceremony? If so, how can we do it?
  • Are there special options you can add to our ceremony?
  • Do you have your own audio system? Is there an extra cost for using it?
  • What are your thoughts on the length of a ceremony?
  • Will you attend a rehearsal? Will you run the rehearsal? Do you insist on being at the
          rehearsal?
  • Can you give me an example of how you will interact with other vendors – photographer, DJ,      wedding planner?
  • How far will you travel? Do you charge a travel fee?
  • What are your fees for doing a wedding? (In Massachusetts fees for a Justice of the Peace are set by the state – theoretically all JP's should charge the same)
  • Are there other fees applicable – a fee for customizing our ceremony, date reservation fee?
·         Will you schedule other weddings on our day?
  • Do you wear a robe? What if we want you to wear something else?

The answers to these questions should go a long way in helping you select the perfect officiant for your wedding.

7 Comments to Questions To Ask An Officiant:

Wedding Favors on Saturday, February 23, 2013 5:02 PM
Thanks for sharing. Making your wedding ceremony special and unique is every brides goals. Asking the officiant the necessary questions is key to making your ceremony unique.

Event Organizer In Jaipur on Monday, October 27, 2014 12:38 AM
I read your article to learn a lot and hope to see your next article

Best Wedding Photographer in Jaipur, on Monday, October 27, 2014 12:39 AM
Commenting on the right blogs is mandatory :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Intraday tips on Friday, February 27, 2015 7:46 AM
I am happy that I found your post while searching for informative posts. It is really informative and quality of the content is extraordinary.

profil on Friday, March 20, 2015 2:55 AM
into compel of the arrangement belonging to the kitchen area, nevertheless in addition we need to have useful practical experience and also knowledge. The or�e also provides to find a athletic shoe cabinets

Stock Tips Provider on Saturday, June 20, 2015 1:48 AM
Incredible! This can be the most helpful weblogs we have actually run into about the subject. Fundamentally fantastic details! I am additionally a specialist in this topic so I can realize your own hard work.

body on Thursday, August 20, 2015 1:46 PM
Thanks for making such awriter.org a cool project. I've been checking the site for the Windows version, but I never left a comment about it.awriter.org I know you are working hard and doing it for free so you shouldn't feel rushed or anything. I hope you can continue this type of hard work to this site in future also. Because this awriter.org blog is really very informative and it helps me lot.