To be married in Massachusetts, you must obtain a Massachusetts Marriage License, plan a ceremony, and select someone to officiate
Obtaining a Marriage License:
- Appear jointly before any town or city clerk in Massachusetts -- it does not have to be the town or city where you will be married
- Bring identification and a valid proof of age -- birth certificate or driver's license
- You must be 18 years old to obtain a marriage license
- Blood tests are not required
- There is a three day waiting period (weekends and holidays included)
- The license is valid for 60 days from the date that you first applied
- Fees are set by the individual cities and towns
- Contact me to reserve your date
- Meet with me to begin discussing the elements that will make your ceremony special and personal -- usually an hour
- Continue planning through telephone conversations and/ or e-mails -- readings, vows, ring statements, and special ceremonies like the wine box and love letters or handfasting -- until the ceremony is precisely the way you want it
- Have a rehearsal with me and all parties involved in the ceremony to make certain that things will go perfectly on your special day
- Have the wedding of your dreams -- your wedding, your way
The fees for Justices of the Peace officiating at a wedding are set by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Initial Consultation...$50.00
- Officiating at a wedding in the Town of Littleton...$100.00
Officiating at a wedding outside the Town of Littleton...$150.00
Attending a rehearsal in the Town of Littleton...$100.00
Attending a rehearsal outside the Town of Littleton...$150.00
Vow renewals in the Town of Littleton...$100.00
Vow renewals outside the Town of Littleton...$150.00
A $50.00 deposit is required to secure a specific date.
I am not allowed to charge for mileage; however, if
your venue is more than 30 miles from Littleton, I hope you will consider some
All fees must be paid prior to the ceremony.
Parking fees to be compensated.
A portion of every fee I receive is donated to Greyhound Friends, Inc. www.greyhound.org
References gladly provided upon request.