Harry -- Our newest greyhound

Recently, we have had a number of older greyhounds returned to the kennel. Dogs are returned for a variety of reasons – their owner may be sick or have passed away, may be moving and unable or unwilling to take the dog, life circumstances may have changed, or the owner may be unwilling to deal with the issue of having an older dog. Whatever the reason, I am glad that Greyhound Friends is there to provide a safe haven for these dogs.

Often these dogs are bewildered and depressed by their return to a kennel, but we give them extra love and care and try to get them readopted as soon as possible. We also have a network of adopters who specialize in taking older dogs home.

Two weeks ago Harry, nearly ten years old, was returned to the kennel for the second time. His behavior at home had been flawless but his owner decided that she was too busy to care for him. Harry is a tall, beautiful white and red brindle boy whom I well-remembered from his previous time in the kennel. He settled in but was clearly not happy.

Last Monday Harry came home with us. Ky and I decided that he had been through enough and he needed a forever home. Our current pack has been kind and welcoming and Harry has been slowly learning the house routine and his new canine companions.  Although five dogs can be a handful to manage, we are happy to have Harry and to give him the home he deserves for his geriatric years.

If you are thinking of adopting, consider an older dog like Harry. We always have a few at Greyhound Friends. They are easy to adopt as they already know house routines and will reward you with gratitude and love during their remaining years.

22 Comments to Harry -- Our newest greyhound:

Online Transcription Services on Monday, May 30, 2016 11:11 AM
Thank you! It was very informative. A was just looking for information about greyhounds.

Online Transcription Services on Monday, May 30, 2016 11:14 AM
Thank you for information. It was very informative to read greyhounds.

Online Transcription Services on Monday, May 30, 2016 11:45 AM
Thank you for this important information. You are doing a really good job and I think that there are a lot of people that can take these old dogs to their houses.

Online Transcription Services on Monday, May 30, 2016 11:50 AM
Thank you you for this useful information. Your work is really worth respect. I hope that in the future they will find their owners.

Online Transcription Services on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:07 AM
Thank you for such interesting information!You are a good example for others.I hope people will follow your advice.

Online Transcription Services on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:22 PM
Only few of us can understand how important your job is. However it is more than brave and generous to give so much love and care for what we have tamed. One can’t do anything more for these dogs.

Grey on Friday, June 03, 2016 5:36 AM
That is a big pleasure to realize that there are such people who take care of our little friends. I hope that there is an owner for every dog in the world because the people' attitude to dogs reflects their true personality. I do believe that there are more good people than bad ones. Thanks for such an usuful information.

Online Transcription Services on Friday, June 03, 2016 5:38 AM

Online Transcription Services on Friday, June 03, 2016 5:43 AM
Thanks a lot for realizing that there are so many good-hearted people who are able to take care not only of themselves but of our little friends as well. It is easy to describe a person according to his attitude to animals that is why I am very glad to read such articles and know that such people exist.

Online Transcription Services on Monday, June 06, 2016 10:40 AM
That is very important in our days to care about our animals.that is very good what you do. i aprove that.

Online Transcription Services on Monday, June 06, 2016 2:10 PM
You're so open-hearted.Honesty, I have tears on my eyes while reading your article. As for me, I always ready to help our little sisters and brothers. Even a little touch and a kind word can help them. Thanks for your example to everyone!

Online Transcription Services on Monday, June 13, 2016 7:08 AM
It is a pity that a lot of dogs are returned.People should remember that we become responsible, forever, for what we have tamed. Affection - a great happiness, but also great responsibilities. Being tied to you, completely open in front of you, depends on you, needs you.

Online Transcription Services on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:15 AM
I would also like to join and say thank you on behalf of me and my family who are animal activists for doing such a great job! That dog is lucky to happen to be taken care of by such a kind-hearted person. It is highly important to take a good care of people, animals, plants, environment we live in otherwise a total destruction comes on our planet ruining mouse and man.

Online Transcription Service on Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:17 AM
Thank you for this interesting article.To my mind, only generous people can do the same. Not every person can adopt the dog.

Online Transcription Services on Friday, June 24, 2016 8:12 AM
It's good to realize there are people who take care of older dogs. We must consider our responsibility, not only for our nearest and dearest, but also for home pets who need our attention and love.

Online Transcription Services on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:33 AM
You're doing a great job caring for such animals.That is very kind of you. I'm so lucky to know that there are some who can help homeless dogs.

Online Transcription Services on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 2:56 PM
I believe that before taking in any animal, you should think twice. Could you bear this responsibility until its last days? Because, to abandon the animal for whatever reason is like to commit treachery toward it.

Online Transcription Services on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:48 AM
I think there are a lot of people who would adopt young dogs, it is important to adopt older dogs as well, because they are most likely to stay for a longer time

KollinBoss on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:48 AM
Greyhounds are adorable, I have one and it doesn't give me any reason to regret. I even found a website with full and detailed information about this breed. Visit it if you want to know how to take care of your pet.

Online Transcription Services on Monday, October 24, 2016 2:24 AM
There are many homleness dogs and I think if you tamed an animal you should take care for him from all the time. Your pet should be like your child and needed in extra love.

Online Transcription Services on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:50 PM
I love dogs so much. I want to say thank you for such care. All animals must have their fundamentals of good hosts. Landlords are obliged to care for their pets because they are not just a dog, but first of all our friends.

http://skywritingservice.com/blog/category/services/page/3 on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:06 AM
I really love your shared entry! It tells us a lot about this slender breed. This is a big pleasure to have such a dog!